- It is recommended that you use all the optional ingredients or this will taste bland.
- Put all ingredients into stockpot and start cooking slowly (medium heat).
- When the ingredients get warm, put some of them into a blender and liquefy them and pour back into the pot (for thickening)
- Cook until the potatoes get soft all the way through and start getting translucent, stirring every few minutes to get the contents off the bottom of the pot.
- If storing then proceed to the section on long term storage.
- Add 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, and 1/4 cup romano cheese per pint (should make 5 pints)
Long term storageEdit
- To store this for longer than 3 days or to store without a refrigerator, follow these instructions.
- Pour into 16 ounce (pint) mason jars leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) headspace.
- Process 90 minutes in a pressure canner at 10 (11 for dial) pounds, adjusted for your altitude. Makes 5 jars.
Short term storageEdit
- Refrigerate at under 40° F (2° C) for no more than 3 days.