Cookbook:Corn Chowder II
(Redirected from Cookbook:Corn Chowder 2)
- 4 cup whole kernel corn (3 14.5 ounce (410 g) cans)
- 1 14.5 ounce (410 g) can cream style corn
- 1 32 oz (900 g) box chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 13 oz (370 g) can chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh onion (1/2 pint (250 ml) home canned onions)
- 1 cup chopped celery (1 8 ounce (250 ml) jelly jar home canned celery)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (not iodized) (optional)
- 1/4 tsp MSG (optional)
- It is recommended that you use all the optional ingredients or this will taste bland.
- Put all ingredients into stockpot and start cooking slowly (medium heat).
- When the ingredients get warm, put some of them into a blender and liquefy them and pour back into the pot (for thickening)
- Cook until the potatoes get soft all the way through and start getting translucent, stirring every few minutes to get the contents off the bottom of the pot.
- If storing then proceed to the section on long term storage.
- Add 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, and 1/4 cup romano cheese per pint (should make 5 pints)
Long term storageEdit
- To store this for longer than 3 days or to store without a refrigerator, follow these instructions.
- Pour into 16 ounce (pint) mason jars leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) headspace.
- Process 90 minutes in a pressure canner at 10 (11 for dial) pounds, adjusted for your altitude. Makes 5 jars.
Short term storageEdit
- Refrigerate at under 40° F (2° C) for no more than 3 days.