Cookbook:Coconut Cream and Pound Cake with Moscatel (Bienmesabe)
|Coconut Cream and Pound Cake with Moscatel (Bienmesabe)
This is a popular and tasty dessert.
- Grate the coconut meat. Separate the flesh from the milk of the coconut.
- Combine the coconut flesh with the sugar, reserving the milk. Cook until a thick syrup is made. Remove from heat and to allow to rest.
- Beat the yolks with a little bit of the coconut milk, then whisk this into the syrup. Mix well and return to the heat.
- Stir constantly until it thickens. The idea is to obtain a rather thick coconut custard.
- Remove custard from the heat and let cool.
- Soak the cake pieces in wine.
- In a glass dish, layer the coconut custard and the cake slices. Continue alternating biscochuelo layers with the coconut custard.
- Sprinkle the top generously with cinnamon.