Cookbook:Chunky Cran Apple Bran Muffins
|Chunky Cran Apple Bran Muffins|
A tasty muffin recipe with apple chunks and dried cranberries.
- ¾ cup (180 g) natural wheat bran
- ¾ cup (180 g) milk
- 1 ½ cup (360 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¾ cup (180 g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup (360 g) chopped, peeled apples
- ½ cup (120 g) dried cranberries
- Combine bran and milk into a mixing bowl. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in another mixing bowl.
- Stir brown sugar, cooking oil, and egg into the bran mixture. Stir in dried ingredients, apples and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.