Cookbook:Chokladboll (Swedish Chocolate Balls)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Chokladboll)
|Chokladboll (Swedish Chocolate Balls)|
|Energy||140 Calories/586 kJ|
A chokladboll (literally meaning chocolate ball) is a traditional Swedish pastry often eaten with coffee during fika. They are quick and easy to prepare, since they require no baking and only a few, common ingredients.
- Mix oats, sugar, vanilla sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Using your hands or a potato masher, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency. (It will aid mixing if the butter has been allowed to soften slightly rather than being fridge-cold.)
- Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with flaked coconut or pearl sugar.
- With your hands, roll the dough into 1 inch (3 cm) diameter balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut or pearl sugar and place on a tray.
- Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.