Cookbook:Chocolate Sour-Cream Icing
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert
|Chocolate Sour-Cream Icing|
|Yield||Enough for 1 cake|
|Time||10– 20 minutes|
Chocolate sour-cream icing is an icing or frosting with a bit of tang to take the edge off the sugar overload. It can be icing or frosting depending on what you want.
- 1 cup (240 g) chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter
- ½ cup (120 g) sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1–3 cup (240–700 g) icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- Remove mixture from the heat, then stir in the sour cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Slowly beat or stir in the icing sugar until the mixture has the desired consistency. An icing will be thinner and require less icing sugar than a thicker frosting.
- Spread mixture on the cake of your choice.