|Time||15 - 20 minutes|
Chocolate Macaroons are a type of cookie which are made without baking.
- Place the bottom half of a double boiler on the stove to heat.
- Place a large metal mixing bowl on top of the boiler. Melt the margarine/butter in this bowl.
- Add the white sugar, whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the cocoa, breaking up lumps first.
- Remove from heat, take to preparation area.
- Using a spatula, thoroughly mix in coconut and oatmeal. There should be no dry sections.
- Portion onto pan.
Notes, tips and variationsEdit
- If your macaroons are too crumbly, they have been overcooked.