Chocolate fudge is a traditional, rich candy, especially around the holidays in the United States.
- Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square or 13-by−9-inch (33 by 23 cm) inch pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After 5 minutes of constant stirring remove saucepan from heat.
- Add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered, foil-lined pan. Cool to room temperature.
- Score fudge into 36-48 squares. Refrigerate until firm.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from sides of fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator.