Cookbook:Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)
|Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)|
Chinese Chews are a bar cookie containing nuts and dried fruit. They have a chewy consistency.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar and mix.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add vanilla, then the fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Spread in greased 8-inch pan.
- Bake approx. 30-35 minutes until golden brown at 350F (175C).
- Cut into squares while still warm. Roll in icing sugar.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Can be enjoyed on its own or with ice cream.
- Cools to a firm consistency.