|Time||1hr 15 minutes|
Cooking duration: 45 minutes for marinating and 30 minutes for cooking.
- 1lb chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/4 ounce mixed spice powder (½ stick of cinnamon, 3 cardamom pods, 6 cloves; ground to a powder in a spice grinder or coffee grinder)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Marinate the chicken - clean the chicken and cut into small pieces. Add all the marinade ingredients and mix well. Set aside for 45 minutes to let flavors seep in.
- Chop the onions into small pieces and fry on a medium heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, ginger and garlic.
- After the onions turn golden brown add the marinated chicken.
- When the chicken in almost done (95%) add the spice powder.
- Cook until the meat is tender.