- Clean the chicken and cut into small pieces. Combine with all the marinade ingredients and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes to let flavors seep in.
- Fry cumin, fennel, and mustard seeds on a medium heat in a large pan.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and fry.
- Chop the onions into small pieces and fry in the pan.
- Add the potatoes and fry.
- In a separate pan, sear the chicken in batches and add it to bowl separately.
- After the onions turn golden brown add the marinated chicken.
- Add curry powder, coconut yogurt and turn to a low heat. Leave to cook for 35–40 minutes.
- Finely chop fresh coriander and a dash of lemon juice to the curry.
- Serve with rice or naan bread