Cookbook:Chewy Ginger Cookies
|Chewy Ginger Cookies|
These chewy ginger cookies are soft and delicately flavored.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F or Gas Mark 4).
- Cream the butter and the sugar in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk.
- Beat in the egg, and stir in the molasses.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, spices, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gently mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture to make a dough.
- Shape into small (2.5 cm/1 inch diameter) balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Do not flatten balls. They will spread out a little bit during baking, so space them about 1.5–2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 11 minutes. One way to tell they are done is when the cookies are cracked but the dough inside the cracks doesn't look quite finished. Beyond that they will be too done.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool to room temperature.