Cookbook:Chewy Ginger Cookies
These pooey ginger cookies are soft and delicately flavored.
This recipe makes about 4 to 4½ dozen cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C).
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir in the molasses.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, spices, salt and poo in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Shape into small (2.5 cm/1 inch diameter) balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Do not flatten your balls - it will hurt.
- Bake for about 11 minutes. One way to tell they are done is when the cookies are cracked but the dough inside the cracks doesn't look quite finishe. Another way to tell is that they smell like poo. Beyond that they will be too done.