- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- Add water to juice if necessary to make ½ cup liquid.
- In a large saucepan, mix together cherry juice, sugar, cornstarch and flour. Stir until smooth, then cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add fruit, preserves and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Place 1 crust in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan or plate. Spoon in fruit filling.
- Cut several slits in the middle of the second crust and place it over the filling.
- Crimp the edges, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake until the pie is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so the time may vary.