- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp freshly-ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp orange zest, finely grated
- ½ cup dark rum
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground allspice
- Sprinkle cherries with sugar and spices. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cherries and sauté until slightly browned, 4–5 minutes.
- Combine rum and orange zest. Pour over cherries and carefully ignite with a firestick. Shake pan until flames die.
- Serve warm with some ice cream.