Cookbook:Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
(Redirected from Cookbook:Cheese stuffed crust pizza)
|Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza|
|Servings||1 12-inch (30 cm) pizza|
Cheese Stuffed Crust PizzaEdit
- Cooking spray
- Corn meal
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 7 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces of string cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220C)
- Spray 12 inch (30 cm) pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal, if desired.
- Starting in the center, press pizza dough in pan beyond the sides of the pan by an inch.
- Fold the hanging edge of the dough back toward the middle, placing the sticks of string cheese in the pouch, all the way around the circle.
- Pinch the dough to seal in the cheese.
- Bake the crust 8 or 10 minutes, or until the edges are light golden and the dough has started to set.
- Remove from oven and spread the sauce over the crust with the back of a spoon.
- Scatter on the sauce the pepperoni, sausage, and shredded Italian cheese.
- Replace in oven and bake until crust is deeply golden brown and the (topping) cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 slices, or if you're not hungry enough to eat 8 pieces, cut into 6.