Cookbook:Cassava and Coconut Dessert of Suriname (Bojo)
- You need to peel and grate the cassave, and grate the white coconut meat.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until firm. Add the vanilla and almond essence.
- Combine the eggs and sugar with the grated coconut and cassava.
- Add the cinnamon, milk, raisins and salt.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture.
- Rub the dish you want to use with butter or use Pam.
- Put the mixture in the dish. Put the dish in a pre-heated oven at 350°F (175°C). Bake the Bojo for about an hour. It needs to be firm on top but not dry on the inside.
Serving idea: sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the bojo