Cookbook:Bubur Candil (Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls in Coconut Sauce)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Bubur Candil)
Bubur Candil are traditional Indonesian glutinous rice balls in a sweet soup
- 750 ml water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 125 ml diluted gula jawa (palm sugar)
- 1 piece pandan leaves (or optionally, some pandan paste)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 300 ml coconut milk, boiled for few minutes
- Mix Glutinous Rice Flour and Tapioca Flour until well mixed. Make a well in the middle, pour in water and salt little by little. Mix well with hand until it formed a soft dough, so you can make a little balls shape with 1 cm diameter. Make sure that the dough is not to hard, if necessary add a bit more of water.
- Boil a lot of water in a big stock pot. Put the little balls one by one in the boiling water. Cook for about 5 minutes until they emerge on the surface of the boiling water. Take them out and drain.
- For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients and boil until bubbly. Place the rice balls in the sauce. Cook for further 20 minutes and set aside.
To serve, pour the coconut milk on top of Bubur Candil. Best to serve while it's hot and this dish is great in Winter.