Cookbook:Bløtkake (Norwegian Berries and Cream Cake)
|Bløtkake (Norwegian Berries and Cream Cake)|
Bløtkake is a traditional Norwegian dessert, usually reserved for special occasions such as birthdays. It is also served on Norway's national day, May 17th.
- Berries or other fruit (usually blueberries, redcurrants or other soft berries)
- Whip the eggs and sugar until they form peaks. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased round tin (about 22 cm in diameter) ,and bake the cake at 170°C for 30–40 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack, then unmold the cakes.
- Slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers. Sprinkle each slice with some of the peach juice from the tin.
- Cover 2 of the slices with jam, peach slices, and vanilla custard. Place the third layer on top of the other two.
- Whip the cream with the sugar. Cover the whole cake, including the sides, with the whipped cream.
- Garnish with berries and/or fruit.