Cookbook:Nigerian Bean and Yam Porridge
(Redirected from Cookbook:Beans and Yam Porridge)
|Nigerian Bean and Yam Porridge
Beans and yam porridge is a classic Nigerian dish made of seasoned beans and yam, and additional vegetables. It is mostly consumed by Nigerians, especially in the south of the country.
- Pick over the beans to remove any dirt or debris.
- Wash the beans, place in a pot of water, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the onions and yam, and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Stir in the palm oil, tomato, ground crayfish, panla fish, bay leaf, cooked chicken, and stock cube. Cover and cook until the yam and beans are tender.
- Stir in the leafy greens, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.