Cookbook:Banana Bread with Walnuts
|Banana Bread with Walnuts|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Banana bread is a type of quick-bread or cake. This recipe yields a dense and moist banana bread, studded with walnuts.
- 490 g all-purpose flour
- 5½+⅛ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 oz butter, softened
- 320 g turbinado sugar
- 4 ea. (200 g) eggs
- 950 g mashed banana
- 2 ½ cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the eggs, and gradually beat them into the butter mixture.
- Mix in one third of the flour mixture, followed by half the banana. Continue alternating in this way until all the dry mixture and mashed banana is incorporated.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Grease and line 2 loaf pans. Divide batter evenly between pans. Sprinkle the tops with additional turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for at least 1 hour. After this point, check the banana bread every 10 minutes or so until it is done. It will be browned, and a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf should come out clean with no more than moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool to room temperature in the pans. Unmold.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The quantity of walnuts may be increased or decreased as desired.
- Slices of this banana bread can be toasted, although they are somewhat fragile.