Cookbook:Banana Bread III
|Banana Bread III|
This easy banana bread recipe only requires a few ingredients. If you want to make the tastiest banana bread, make sure to use overripe bananas.
Special equipment edit
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste. When working with a significant quantity of bananas, mash them with a fork or a potato masher.
- Stir in the sugar, baking soda, egg, and butter.
- If desired to balance the sweetness or flavor, stir in a pinch of salt.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon. Add this mixture in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly until smooth and lump-free. Do not over-mix, or it will become tough.
- Transfer the batter to a greased baking pan. Tap the pan on the table after pouring the batter to assist remove air bubbles and set the batter in the baking pan, making it easier to remove after baking.
- Bake at at 350°F until it turns golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow your bread to cool somewhat before removing it from the baking pan. This will prevent your bread from breaking apart as you remove it.