Cookbook:Assorted Beef Pepper Soup
|Assorted Beef Pepper Soup|
Beef pepper soup is a spicy Nigerian dish including a variety of meats.
- Toast the ehu seeds in a frying pan, stirring regularly until you can smell them and the outer membrane falls off easily. This enhances the aroma of the ehu seeds, but it is optional.
- Grind the ehu seeds to a powder.
- Place the shaki pieces in a pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes, adding additional water as necessary.
- Add the kidney and liver. Simmer for 30 minutes, adding additional water as necessary.
- Stir in the beef, seasoning cubes, thyme, and onions. Simmer until the beef is tender.
- Stir in the ground ehu, ground crayfish, uziza, pepper, and salt.
- Remove any onion bits at this point. Boil for 5 minutes.