Cookbook:Albanian Mixed Vegetables
Several different dishes are called "mixed vegetables"; they all consist primarily of different kinds of vegetables cut into pieces and mixed together, then either served as-is or else cooked, typically by sautéing. This recipe is for an Albanian mixed vegetables dish called Turli perimesh.
For 4 servings:
- Cut off inedible tips of vegetables. Wash and slice them into 1-inch squares.
- Sauté vegetables in half the oil and remove them from the frying pan.
- Sauté onion and tomatoes in the remaining oil, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Put everything in a stock pot with a cup of water, cover tightly, and simmer until almost all moisture has cooked away.
- Serve hot, accompanied by steak, meatballs, or any other main dish.