RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/Linux Post Installation With Internet< RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home | RAC Attack 12c
Prev: Prepare Host
Install Linux (e)
- Create VirtualBox VM
- VirtualBox VM Settings
- OS Installation
- Linux Post Installation
- Install VirtualBox Addons
- Configure Bind DNS
- Prepare Linux for Oracle
Next: Create Cluster
- To connect to the new created virtual machine, create a connection in Putty for the new VM called collabn1 with the IP Address of 192.168.78.51.
On OS X open a Terminal from Applications->Utilities and enter ssh firstname.lastname@example.org on the commandline. Answer yes to import the host key when you connect to each host for the first time.
- Optionally, create another connection for collabn2 with the IP Address of 192.168.78.52 that will be created later as a clone of collabn1.
- Open the collabn1 connection by clicking Open.
- Click Yes on the Security Alert dialog box.
- Enter root at the login as: prompt and racattack at the password: prompt.
- Turn off and disable the firewall IPTables.
[root@collabn1 ~]# service iptables stop iptables: Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ] iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter [ OK ] iptables: Unloading modules: [ OK ]
[root@collabn1 ~]# chkconfig iptables off
[root@collabn1 ~]# chkconfig --list iptables iptables 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
- Disable SELinux. Open the config file and change the SELINUX variable from enforcing to disabled.
[root@collabn1 ~]# vim /etc/selinux/config # This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
- Verify that all the network interfaces are up.
[root@collabn1 ~]# ip l 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:4f:8a:0b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:99:7e:95 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 4: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:e2:63:7f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
- If you have configured eth2 to connect to the internet, verify that you can ping a website on the internet.
[root@collabn1 ~]# ping www.racattack.org PING www.racattack.org (22.214.171.124) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from apache2-goo.seoul.dreamhost.com (126.96.36.199): icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=204 ms 64 bytes from apache2-goo.seoul.dreamhost.com (188.8.131.52): icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=225 ms 64 bytes from apache2-goo.seoul.dreamhost.com (184.108.40.206): icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=247 ms 64 bytes from apache2-goo.seoul.dreamhost.com (220.127.116.11): icmp_seq=4 ttl=48 time=272 ms
- If you are connecting to the internet with a proxy, you need to add these lines in your /etc/yum.conf file:
proxy=http://<yourproxyaddress>:<port> proxy_username=<value> proxy_password=<value>
- Install the database preinstall package oracle-rdbms-server-12cR1-preinstall.
- This package installs all the package requirements for Oracle 12c, configures kernel parameters, creates oracle user and groups and sets the user limits.
- The total download size is 43M for the packages plus 40M for the package list update from the yum repository. The time taken depends on how fast is the internet connection.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum install -y oracle-rdbms-server-12cR1-preinstall .... Transaction Summary ======================================================================== Install 21 Package(s) Upgrade 2 Package(s) Total download size: 43 M .... Installed: oracle-rdbms-server-12cR1-preinstall.x86_64 0:1.0-8.el6 .... Complete!
- Install additional RPMs that will be used to install and administer the servers.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum install -y tigervnc-server.x86_64 xclock man kernel-uek-devel-$(uname -r) parted.x86_64 unzip.x86_64 xterm lsof bind xorg-x11-twm Install 12 Package(s) .... Total download size: 22 M .... Complete!
- Uninstall NTP.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum remove -y ntp .... Removed: ntp.x86_64 0:4.2.4p8-3.el6 .... Complete!
- Optionally, update all your packages to the latest version. Don't do it during a RAC Attack event, it may take too much time to be completed within the session.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum update -y .... Install 5 Package(s) Upgrade 117 Package(s) Total download size: 199 M .... Complete!