(Redirected from Potato Pudding)
|Time||15 minutes plus 1 hour cooking|
This recipe for a sweetened potato pudding is from Cornwall, England.
- Run the potatoes through a sieve, potato ricer, or mouli-mill.
- Gently heat butter and cream together until butter is melted. Mix into potatoes.
- Beat eggs lightly, then mix into potatoes. Mix in the sugar, currants, lemon zest, nutmeg, and brandy.
- Either transfer to pastry-lined dish and bake in a moderately hot oven until golden-brown OR steam in a mould for about an hour.
- This recipe is dated to 1824 and is from St. Just W.I. in Cornish Recipes, Ancient & Modern, 22nd Edition, The Cornwall Federation of Women's Institutes 1965. First collected & published by Edith Martin, Tregavethan, Truro, 1929, for The Cornwall F.of W. I.