This is the Wikibooks Guide to Unix Computing, or for short, Guide to Unix. It describes Unix and Unix-like systems for users and system administrators. We include a guide to commands which lists several of the common shell commands.
- Command Line
- Common Programs
- Electronic Mail
- Beyond This Book
Guide to Unix is incomplete. At Wikibooks, you can edit this book now. Here are some suggestions for improvements:
There are some other Wikibooks that one might find useful.
- A Neutral Look at Operating Systems comparison between Unix, Unix, and non-Unix
- UNIX Computing Security keep that computer safe
- Wikibooks for Unix utilities:
- Many Unix-like systems feature free software, and some are entirely made of it:
- Wikibooks for the graphical user interface and the GNOME and KDE desktops:
- Programming Wikibooks