Guide to Unix
(Redirected from Guide to UNIX)
This is the Guide to Unix Computing, or for short, Guide to Unix. It describes Unix and Unix-like systems for users and system administrators. It includes guide to Unix commands.
Explanations of topics
- Command Line
- Common Programs
- Electronic Mail
- Beyond This Book
- Commands - commands listed conveniently in categories
- Environment Variables - USER, EDITOR, PATH...
- Files - configuration and device files of /etc/ and /dev
- A Neutral Look at Operating Systems
- UNIX Computing Security
- Unix utilities: Bourne Shell Scripting, Learning the vi Editor
- The windows managers: Guide to X11, Using GNOME, Using KDE
- Programming: C, C++, Serial Programming/Serial Linux