Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories
⇒ Playlist on Youtube
We are narrating here development cooperation stories.
Some of these stories have been used for the ⇒ the Vrinda project Documentary
The numbers (in brackets) refer to the relevant MDG.
- ⇒ Learning to Share Learning - The KFI Story (2), (6) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Green Hands - Coimbatore (7) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Living with Dignity - Kolkata (6) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Right to Learn - Sarnath (2) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Weaving Empowerment - Almora (3) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Valuing Water - Damascus (7) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Youth & Heritage - Sweida (8) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Moving Hopes - Damascus (4) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Syrian Television - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Muisca Indigenous Heritage - (8) - ⇒ playlist
- ⇒ Desplazados - Santander (8) - ⇒ playlist
⇒ List of things to do in order to illustrate a project
What is development? So many hospitals built … so many teachers trained … so many villages electrified … and so on, so forth. Achieving objectives is, of course, important. But there is something else we need to say. It is the human story, the passion that drives cooperation workers, the joy - or frustration – they feel when they succeed - or fail - to bring more justice to the excluded.
We need to reveal the challenges. How are local communities utilizing infrastructures created for them? Do they agree with the information they receive? Was, what donors gave away, really what receivers wanted?
While collecting stories of the work in progress for the Millennium Goals, we learned that no-one can bring freedom to others. Empowerment cannot be "given". Like we cannot “deliver” education. Nor can we “buy” participation.
Each one has to lead one's potential out of oneself. But, in order to recognize and express our potential, we need a society that does not marginalize and exclude. We need a healthy communication climate, where differences are respected and valued. We need freedom from mistrust and indifference.
Only then, can we act in a reciprocally empowering process: because we acknowledge that, in order to fully realize ourselves, we need the self realization of the others.
The stories edited in the Documentary:
⇒ playlist on YouTube - Episodes 1-4
⇒ playlist on YouTube - Episodes 5-8
⇒ The Vimeo On Demand platform where the documentary is distributed