(Redirected from Cookbook:Yam casserole)
- 2 cans (2 lb + 8 oz / 900 g) yams or sweet potatoes, drained (or 4 lb / 1.8 kg cooked, peeled, and sliced yams)
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Fresh pepper to taste
- In mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat yams. Add in remaining main ingredients, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Butter a 12-inch porcelain quiche dish or a shallow 2 quart casserole dish (7x11 inches / 18 x 28 cm). Pour in yam mixture, smoothing top evenly.
- Make praline topping by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl. Spread evenly over the yams. May be refrigerated covered overnight.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45–50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.