Cookbook:Watalappam (Sri Lankan Coconut Custard)
|Watalappam (Sri Lankan Coconut Custard)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Watalappam is a Sri Lankan steamed coconut custard.
- 2 cups of thick coconut milk
- ½ lb of brown sugar (or jaggery)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- 3 cloves (optional)
- 12 cashews
- Beat the eggs in a mixer. Add the milk, brown sugar, cardamom, and cloves to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a pot and steam for 20 minutes. Add the cashews.