Cookbook:Venison Italian Style
|Venison Italian Style|
|Time||Soaking: 1 to 3 hours|
Cooking: ½ hour
- Slice loin across grain into ¼-inch or thinner slices, or pound flat between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Combine with 1 cup of milk in shallow dish.
- Cover dish in refrigerator for up to 3 hours, then discard milk.
- Add remaining milk and temper outside refrigerator one hour.
- Discard milk, then pat slices dry.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper, then thoroughly coat venison slices.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then brown venison on both sides.
- Add wine and simmer two minutes more.
- Transfer venison slices to heated platter with slotted spoon.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and parsley to skillet, and cook on medium two minutes, constantly scraping bottom and sides of skillet.
- Serve venison slices with sauce over it.