Venetian soup is a tasty dumpling soup to warm you up.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes by Emily Waters.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, and cook to make a white roux.
- Gradually mix in the warm stock, then the grated cheese to form a paste.
- Remove from the heat, and mix in the egg yolks. Shape the mixture into little quenelles.
- Boil the quenelles in a little broth, then drain them.
- Serve the quenelles in additional broth.