This veggie salad is a light vegetable salad with a dash of spice to it.
- ½ cup (120 g) of diced onion
- ½ cup (120 g) of chopped celery
- 1 cup (240 g) of shredded carrot
- ½ (120 g) cup of cubed tomato
- 4–6 chopped green beans
- 4–6 chopped yellow beans
- 1 green pepper
- 3 chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chives
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Cut the green pepper into long thin strips.
- Toss vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Using a mortar grind the spices together, and sprinkle over salad.
- Sprinkle walnut chunks over salad.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- One can easily substitute the cubes of tomato for cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes, but these both contain seeds, and the bitterness is often undesirable.