- Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, and onion powder together in a bowl. Place your mushrooms in a gallon size bag, and evenly pour the vinegar, garlic and onion powder mixture on the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms and vinegar mixture in the fridge to marinade for 1 hour.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil on median high heat, and gradually stir in the eggplant and spinach. Cook thoroughly until the eggplant is slightly browned.
- Set your oven temperature at 350°F (180°C), and lightly grease a 9x13-inch (22 x 32 cm) oven-safe dish.
- After your mushrooms have marinaded for 1 hour in the fridge, remove your mushrooms from the bag and place them in your pre-greased oven safe dish with the lid of the mushroom facing downward. Evenly place the eggplant and spinach mixture over the mushrooms, and garnish with mozzarella cheese. If you so choose to use tomatoes and artichoke hearts, evenly distribute them between the mushrooms. Lastly, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- In order to cook, place your dish in your preheated oven, and bake just until you see the cheese start to melt, which will be no more than 15 minutes. For best flavor, eat while still hot out of the oven.
- Eat alone or serve over a small portion of brown rice or whole wheat angel hair pasta.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Majority of ingredients are optional, and depended on ones personal taste...be creative!
- If you are looking to shave off a few calories from this meal, skip using the cheeses!