Cookbook:Veal with Lima Beans
(Redirected from Cookbook:Veal with lima beans)
Mish qingjji me barbunja, Veal with large lima beans, is an Albanian dish.
- Select shoulder parts of the veal and cut them into 1" cubes. Wash the meat thoroughly with cold water, drain, and place in a pot together with butter and onions. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- As the meat is frying, add water until the pieces are covered. Add salt, pepper, and only two to three tablespoons of tomatoes (note: tomatoes can be cut into pieces to the size of your choice). Cover the pot and let the meat boil.
- In the meantime, cut the ends off the lima beans and clean them well (you also cut them in half if you desire). Add the beans to the meat after it has been boiling for several minutes. Also add water until everything in the pot is covered.
- When the beans are done boiling, add the rest of the tomatoes. Then let the stew boil for a few more minutes so that the liquid can thicken.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Please note that tomatoes should not be added all at once in the beginning since they don't allow the lima beans to boil at the right pace. If you would rather use fresh tomatoes, when you add the beans, add whole tomatoes instead of cut ones.