Tzatziki is a yogurt sauce that's great over gyros, pitas, salads, lamb, as a dip, or for anything you'd like a cool tasty sauce on.
- Drain yogurt in a sieve or a cheesecloth for about 3 hours prior to using it.
- Drain the cucumber and salt it to further remove moisture.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl and cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- After refrigerating, add dill and cucumber into bowl and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.