- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rub potato skins with vegetable oil to ensure crispness.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour until done.
- Carefully remove potatoes from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp with a small spoon, leaving only a potato shell.
- Mash potato pulp with a fork until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined. It is better if the mixture is a bit stiff, rather than entirely wet. Adjust the amount of milk accordingly.
- Spoon (or pipe) the mixture into the empty potato shells.
- If desired, top the potatoes with bell pepper, onions, and/or bacon.
- Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil potatoes 10 or 15 minutes until spotty brown and crisp.