Cookbook:Tuna Fried Rice
|Tuna Fried Rice|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine
This is a simple fried rice made with canned tuna and vegetables, seasoned with honey miso sauce.
- 1 cup basmati rice, prepared as a firm and dry pilav
- Olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup or more shredded cabbage
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- Red pepper paste
- Hot paprika
- 1 tbsp miso
- ½–¾ tbsp honey
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 can good-quality tuna
- 2 eggs
- Salt, if needed
- Chopped scallions
- Prepare a pilav style rice. This should be dry with little fat or excess moisture.
- Saute the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the cabbage and bean sprouts.
- Stir in red pepper paste and paprika.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Add the miso and honey, and combine thoroughly.
- Add Tabasco if desired.
- Mix in the tuna.
- Move the rice to one side of the skillet and crack in the eggs.
- When they are ready mix the scrambled eggs in with the rice.
- Garnish with katsuobushi and scallions before serving.