A delicious square recipe with a tropical flavor.
- 1 cup (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ cup (60 g) margarine, cold
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
Top Layer edit
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder using a wooden spoon.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Mix into dry mixture using wooden spoon until combined.
- Press into lined and lightly greased square tray.
Top layer edit
- Drain all of the juice out of the pineapple by wringing it in a cloth.
- Add and mix remaining ingredients with the pineapple using a wooden spoon. Do not overwork it.
- Spread evenly over base.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C), or until topping is set and coconut is light brown.
- Let cool before removing from pan.