Cookbook:Tripe soup (Shkembe Chorba)
Shkembe Chorba is a popular meat dish in Bulgarian cuisine.
- Combine onion, red pepper, butter in large saucepan.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture, then stir in the tomato paste.
- Cut tripe into thin strips.
- Add tripe pieces, stock, salt, marjoram and bay leaf to onion mixture.
- Partially cover the pot and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pour soup into a tureen or serve in individual bowls.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic and cheese - sprinkle over hot soup - serve immediately.