Cookbook:Thumbprint Jam Cookies
|Thumbprint Jam Cookies|
|Time||20 - 25 minutes|
A tasty cookie with an 'eye' of jam in the middle.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once creamed, add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- Add flour to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Portion out the dough into round, firm balls. Place on sheet pan. Using the end of a wooden spoon, press down on the dough ball to form wells.
- Fill each well with jam. Do not overfill the well, as they will overflow and burn. For the same reason, keep the edges of the dough clean.
- Bake at 300°F (160°C) for 22–24 minutes, until a light golden brown.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- These cookies taste best when still warm.