Cookbook:Tempura Baked Halibut with Cilantro Aioli
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Seafood
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Add very cold ice water.
- Add flour. Mix, but not too much.
- Spray the baking pan with nonstick canola cooking spray.
- Dip the fish in the batter and place on cooking pan.
- Bake the fish in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- In small bowl, whisk in mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice and black pepper for aioli.
- Serve and enjoy
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Do not over mix tempura batter! It can be a little lumpy.
- Serve with reduced sodium soy sauce on the side.
- Add cayenne or crushed red pepper to aioli for more heat.