- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup pasteurized egg product, or 2 pasteurized egg yolks, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, beaten to soft peaks
- Combine all ingredients except for whipped cream.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes and serve.
- The reason I am using pasteurized egg is because I wouldn't want anyone to get sick. You could use regular eggs, but remember there are risks associated with doing so.