Special equipment Edit
- Add the bacon drippings/vegetable oil to a skillet over high heat. Add the beef to the skillet, and brown the meat on all sides. Do not cook completely through. Transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions, and fry until they begin to become transparent.
- Combine all the ingredients except the meat in the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Cook on low for 2½–3½ hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and honey carrots.
Beef that has been browned (but not cooked all the way through)
Frying the onions
Cooking the sauce
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker
Cook for 2 ½–3 ½ hours
Serve with mashed potatoes.