- Dip a rice wafer into the warm water and remove immediately when it is completely wet—it only needs to be in the water for a few seconds.
- Lay the rice wafer on a board or plate.
- Arrange a portion of the ingredients near the edge of the rice wafer in a neat pile, with the fingers of cucumber roughly parallel to the edge of the wafer.
- Fold the edge of the wafer over the pile of ingredients, and roll it over once.
- Fold the sides of the wafer inwards, to close of the ends of the roll you just made.
- Roll the wafer up the rest of the way, to enclose the roll completely.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to dry a little before eating.
- The above process for each summer roll.
Notes, tips, and variations