- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried, mixed herbs
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 slices of white bread (just slightly stale is best)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
For turkey stuffing, triple the above quantities.
- Trim crusts off bread and place slices into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water and all other ingredients, and with the hands, work the mixture until it is thoroughly combined.
- The stuffing may be cooked by packing it into the washed cavity of a chicken or turkey, prior to roasting, or by forming the stuffing into patties and placing on a greased tray in an oven (moderate temperature).