- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 cups hot apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound ice
- 1 cup cornbread, crumbled finely
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks with 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cracked black peppercorns
- Dijon mustard
- Combine salt, honey, and vinegar in a gallon size zip-top bag until salt is dissolved. Add ice and shake until brine has cooled down and ice is almost completely melted.
- Add pork roast and toss to coat. Refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Combine bread, and fruit. Gently fold eggs into bread mixture. Set aside.
- Almost split the roast horizontally, not cutting through either the sides or the bottom. Pack stuffing into pocket and brush edge of opening with Dijon mustard. Press closed.
- Brush all sides of roast with mustard. Press peppercorns into meat and place in a rack in a roasting pan.
- Insert a probe thermometer into an area of the center of the roast that does not have stuffing. Bake in a 425 degree F oven until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with cider gravy.