Cookbook:Struffoli (Neapolitan Honey Fried Dough)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Struffoli)
Struffoli is a fried Neapolitan dessert.
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup dry sherry
- Shortening or oil for deep frying
- Combine eggs, oil, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and sherry. Mix in enough flour to make a dough. The dough should be somewhat sticky but still workable.
- Shape dough into small balls, about ½ inch in diameter.
- Heat the shortening or oil to 350-375˚F. Deep fry the dough balls until golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Dip each fritter into the glaze, and remove.