- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 serrano chiles, finely minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken or pork
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup minced chorizo, casing removed
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, chiles, garlic, meats, and rice and cook until chorizo and rice are golden brown.
- Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving, if desired.