Cookbook:Silvash Gombotz (Hungarian Plum Dumplings)
|Silvash Gombotz (Hungarian Plum Dumplings)|
Silvash gombotz (Hungarian spelling: Szilvás gombóc) is a traditional dessert recipe for plum dumplings from Hungary. During the freezing cold winters, warm filling desserts like these are very popular.
- Cook potatoes until very soft (at least an hour). Peel and mash with a fork.
- Add the egg to the mixture, along with the little salt and oil. Mix well.
- Mix in enough flour to make a smooth dough.
- Knead the potato dough, then roll it out into a thin sheet (about 5 mm thick), and cut into squares.
- Put half a plum or 1 tsp of plum jam on each square. Wrap the dough around the filling and seal the edges.
- Cook in boiling water for 10–15 minutes.
- Serve with bread crumbs fried in butter.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- When filled with apricot, the dumplings are called "barackos gombóc" or "Baratzkosh Gombotz".