Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Originally posted to Foodista by user Leah Rodrigues. Foodista recipes are released under a CC-BY license.
- 1 ounce assorted dried seaweed or wakame
- ¼ cup minced shallot, scallion or red onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp mirin (or sugar)
- ½ tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne salt, if necessary
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the seaweed and soak until it has increased 10x in size, about 5 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove excess water. Sort out any hard bits and chop. Put pieces in a bowl.
- Toss with the shallot, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin (or sugar), sesame oil, cayenne, and salt (if necessary). Taste and add seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.